Are you interested in developing your skills and gaining practical experience next to your study? Sefa offers you the chance to distinguish yourself. Our committees cover four different pillars: Academic, Career, International and Social. Each pillar gives you unique learning possibilities in the field of your choice.
Become an active member!
All of our 100 yearly activities are organised by our active members, a group of around 300 students of which you can also be a part of! Organising one of our activities by joining a committee is a great experience. You will work in a team of motivated and ambitious students, gaining skills that will prepare you for your career.
Your personal development
Develop your organisational and communicative skills in one of Sefa’s committees. As a member of a team, each person is responsible for one part of the organisation of a high quality event or project. Become experienced in how to manage projects at several levels and for different positions.
- You will write your own personal development plan to ensure a steep learning curve during your time at Sefa
- You will acquire skills like working in teams and communicating effectively, but you will also gain function specific competencies depending on what position you will execute within the committee
Bronze, silver or golden committees
Our committees are divided into three levels: bronze, silver or gold:
- Bronze committees are perfect for your first committee experience and take about five hours per week.
- Silver committees are more challenging, cost on average eight hours per week and are suitable for students with some previous work or committee experience.
- Golden committees present the top level of committees that will take twelve to sixteen hours per week. These committees are a good fit with students that have previous committee experience.
If you are interested in becoming an active member, you can contact Nicky Caron (Sefa's HR Officer) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or walk by the Board Room in M-S.05. Regardless of the application period, we are always pleased to have a chat about your committee preferences and ambitions.