ACT Commodities is a global leader in trading environmental commodities. Founded in 2009 as one of the first companies to pursue this market, we are now one of the largest specialized trading firms in the fields of carbon emissions, biofuels, renewable energy, and energy efficiency, on a global scale. This is complemented with widespread activity in the oil and petroleum markets, which expand our scope covering the intertwined world of energy and fuel commodities. ACT Commodities operates out of both Amsterdam and New York.
Becoming an ACT Sales Trader
At ACT Commodities, we believe that investing in raw talent benefits everyone long term. Therefore, all of our new sales traders participate in a personalized Traineeship program. The Traineeship teaches all of our new recruits the knowledge and skills necessary to build a successful trading business. If you succeed, we succeed. From day one we go the extra mile to ensure that success happens throughout your career at ACT Commodities. Trainees immediately become members of a trading desk and can start contacting potential clients as soon as they feel ready. Experience shows that Trainees manage to start a successful trade book before their Traineeship is completed.
As an ACT Commodities Sales Trader, you get to do it all, from building client relationships to identifying and sourcing suitable products, negotiating the terms and closing the deals.
If you’re good at keeping your eye on the ball, seizing opportunities, and enjoy the challenges of matchmaking products, business requirements, legislative stipulation, logistics, and finances, then becoming an ACT Commodities Sales Trader could be the rewarding career you’ve been looking for.
- fluent in English and another European language
- bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Economics or Finance
- 0-5 years’ experience in a sales trading or brokerage / account management role
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong numerical skills
- ability to handle constructive criticism and not afraid to fail and try again
- aptitude for taking initiative, a commercial and creative mind with an entrepreneurial attitude
- relocation to Amsterdam (if necessary)
Compensation & benefits
- build up your own business and client portfolio within our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team
- stimulating working environment with lots of development prospects
- work in the world’s fastest growing and most dynamic commodity markets
- comprehensive on-the-job training to develop the necessary commercial trading skills
- ongoing personal development support
- competitive salary and performance bonus